Your website is a powerful marketing tool. In Australia alone there are 11.3 million Internet users and 61% regularly purchase goods and services online. Gone are the days when you could create a website and walk away. If you are serious about doing business online your website needs to be as approachable and engaging as you are in person.
Make sure they find you
In simple terms, there are two ways people will find you online: they will follow a link you have given them (via social media, advertising or direct marketing) or use a search engine (e.g. Google) to search for you. High quality web copy is critical to ranking well on popular search engines. You web copy must be
- Keyword rich
- Outcome orientated
- Client focused
- Packed full of value
- Around 125 words per optimised page
- Full of relevant non-conflicting links
- Regularly updated
Maximise your investment
Wordsmith & More will show you how to maximise your investment in professional copywriting by re-using your web copy in as many areas of your business as possible.
Ask Kaye about re-purposing web copy in your:
- eMail campaigns
- Video scripts
- Award nominations
Existing copy is a gold mine! Dig out all the writing you (or someone else) has ever done about your business. With a quick update you will have a new blog or article to keep your web content fresh.
- Thank you letters – client testimonials make great source material. Use their words and other clients will relate!
- Cut ‘n’ paste flashes of brilliance from Skype or Facebook chats
- Workshop notes – use those moments of inspiration!
- Past sales letters/emails – especially if they were successful
- Past media articles – written by you or someone else
- Proposals/grant applications
- Old web copy
- Old business plans
Sometimes over the years you lose touch with your original inspiration. Outdated business documents often hold forgotten gems. Remember, you may have been in business for years but your new clients are just getting to know you – old news for you is news to them!